Friday, December 9, 2011

Disneyland

We had an amazing time at Disneyland this week.  Good thing because the kids are only getting older (Adam is 16 1/2) and we may never have another "family" vacation quite like this.  All the grandparents came along with my sister.  

We checked in Monday evening.
We all enjoyed good ol' Subway sandwiches!
After dinner we went swimming in the indoor pool and hot tub.
We spent our first day in Disneyland.  
The first thing we enjoyed was Tarzan's Tree House and then Pirate's of the Caribbean.  Alex closed his eyes and covered his ears for most of the ride.  He clapped when he thought the ride was over.  Both Alex and Dennis were not too thrilled at this point.
Disneyland was beautifully decorated.  We took a new picture of our family on the staircase.
We rode the raft over to the island and explored for awhile.
The Jungle Cruise was lots of fun!
Snack time!
Alex and Dennis loved "It's a Small World."  However, I can't say that about everyone.
I'm so glad that I bought rain coats at the dollar store.
Grandma got soaked on this ride!
After Splash Mountain where I got very wet, I personally did not go on anymore water rides.
Alex of course could not take his crutches up here, so we helped him walk the nets.
I didn't anticipate there being net after net after net, so I had him try rolling down the last few.  At the end we were very tired!
As time went on, Alex and Dennis began to enjoy themselves.  We had so much fun as a group! 
When Dennis saw Lightening McQueen and Mater he ran to them and cut in front of everyone!  We explained that he had to wait in line.  Before our turn was over, Dennis had examined McQueen front and back and in his teeth.  It was quite funny.
At the end of each day, we were pooped out.  As soon as our heads hit the pillow we were pretty much out!
We loved having park hoppers.  On the third day we went to both parks!
Autopia was fun for the whole family.  My driving partner was Anastasia.  Once I held down the gas pedal, she was a fine driver. :)
By Thursday, it was very crowded-- Fast Passes sure came in handy.    One day we rode "The Tower of Terror" three times!  The first time, all 21 of us rode it.  Yes, that included Alex and Dennis.  They reacted better than I thought they would. :) 
I really enjoyed this ride with all the miniature trees and houses.  I forget the name though.   Oh well.
We were all disappointed to find out that Indiana Jones was down for repairs.  On Tuesday we were told it would be up and running the day after we left.  Thankfully it was up and running on our last day there and we got to ride it afterall!
What a great picture we got in Toon Town!
Often times, our group took up the whole ride. :) 
We stayed together 99% of the time making it a true family vacation.  
Galina and Rachel
California Screamin' was the best!  I am so glad that Anastasia decided to ride it on the last day.   She was too!  After Tower of Terror, poor Paul was just not ready so he sat this one out.
Dennis was not always a happy camper.
But he was most of the time!
Last night we splurged and went out for dinner to celebrate William's birthday.  It was hard to find a restaurant in Downtown Disney able to accommodate our party of 19, but John found one.  We enjoyed the best pizza at Naples Restorante!
Our Disneyland trip was awesome!  I am so glad we went!  The memories we made are priceless!

23 comments:

  1. disneyland was sooo much fun!!!!!!!!! Thank you sooo much for taking us there.
    Galina

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an awesome Vacation!!!!! I loved it!!!
    Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your family had fun! Merry Christmas to you all.
    Dawn in WI

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you went. We did Disney World Universal Studios a few years back and the memories are priceless. Maybe in a year or so we can all go again and take Lil G for the first time. Your crew just looks HUGE in pics......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially love that you all stayed together. THAT is priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had a great time! I love Disneyland! I've been there 4 times in the past 6 or so yrs!
    Ps, Naples is the best! I have to eat there at least once everytime I go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you all had fun!!

    Did you count out of how many 'big family comments' you got? We always make a game out of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you guys know how to have fun and picked a good time to go! Both your parents must be good sports too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really nice pictures. I'm wondering if you had a lot of problems with people staring at Dennis. We deal with that everywhere we go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was wondering how you could afford to have the whole family go. Family of three nearly broke us just fog going 2 days. I'm glad your whole family could go but can u share any secrets on saving money

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you had a wonderful time! Glad you are back too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that you color coordinated:) We only have six kids, but this has been a life saver thing for us to do whenever we travel or go anywhere with very large crowds. So glad you had fun together!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am glad that you could go to Disneylad as a family!!! Now I wan to go back to Disneyland!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you had fun--please stop cutting Dennis' hair that short--it shows off his deformities too much. He looks much better with longer hair.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the pics! I'm so glad you had a wonderful time. Park hoppers are the way to go, for sure!

    P.S. The ride with the miniature scenes is the Storybook Land Canal Boats.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look like you all had a blast! Glad it was a huge success and lots of fun. A Merry Christmas to your wonderful family!

    Cheryl in ID

    ReplyDelete
  17. You guys looked like you had some fun.. awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun, fun!! What a wonderful family, wonderful family time, wonderful memories created!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you all had a great time! The ride with the miniature trees and houses is called storybook land. Never been but want to go on that ride very badly.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You've ignited so much excitement in me as we're planning on going to Disneyland/California Adventure in mid January for my little angel's 5th birthday! How you kept everyone together I'll never know...I'm in awe. ;)

    Thanks for sharing your magical memories!

    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  21. we just went in october and had a wonderful time. the memories are the best. don't know how you managed it with such a large crowd, but i know you had as much fun as we did.

    ReplyDelete
  22. We love Disneyland! I liked it best when we took the kids out of school for 3 days and it wasn't crowded.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.