Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving

Getting ready for Thanksgiving.
Part of that meant not watching tv, playing video games, or using Internet for a few days so that the kids could appreciate each other more.
We all helped make Thanksgiving dinner.

Julia and John soaking each other while peeling potatoes.
The boys love skateboarding.
Aunt Tanya came along with my Mom and their other sister Hanya.
John and Mom
Annalyn and Rachel
Anastasia
Preparing Thanksgiving dinner.
Andrew and William loved helping me carve the turkey.  They helped by sampling the skin, the dark meat, and the white meat.  I agree with Andrew-- dark meat is the best!
At dinner John had us go around the room and share what we are most thankful for.
After dinner "goofing around."
Thanksgiving was very nice this year.
It was simple and laid back-- nothing fancy.
But it's family times like these that I love the most.

Hope all of you had your own special time with family.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great Thanksgiving to me!! OUrs was similar just with half the people we normally have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may be just their hair (I love Annalynn's hair curly--it's pretty anyway, though!), but it struck me that Annalynn and Rachel really look a lot alike.

    I'm so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. andrew on the kitchen bench, lol. My boys do that too :S

    Glad this didn't happen to YOU on your thanksgiving day!...

    http://mummaofallboys.blogspot.com/2011/11/merry-christmas-mum.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read on one of your posts one of your boys has behavioral problems...? Can u explain what he's like? Especially what he was like as a toddler/preschooler? What has been done about him, and do you have to parent him differently to the others?

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.