Wednesday, November 30, 2011

So Many Sweet Faces

Oh my, my, my.  Look at all these little babies. Aren't they adorable?  I don't know about you, but I'm in heaven looking at all of their precious, innocent faces.  I know what I want for Christmas. Why?  Because all of these children are in need of a Mama.
None of them have a loving family to surround them with smiles and giggles.
No snuggles.
No coziness.
Instead, they spend their time self soothing themselves to pass the time.
Rocking back and forth.
Because no one rocks them.
They often bang their heads just to feel something because it is better than nothing.
It reaches into my soul and screams out to me--
Do something Christine!
So I blog.  I ask that you take a moment and stare back at their picture.
Tell me that you don't feel anything.  Tell me that your heart is not stirred.  Tell me that you can't afford to give five dollars to increase their chances of being adopted while us Americans will find billions of dollars this Christmas to spend on presents. 
I don't think you can.  I think you all have a soft spot for children in need-- even if you have never thought about it before.
Remember....
God first adopted us.
He is our example. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Meet Colton!
Dorothy
Fischer
Justin
Keegan
Lilianna
Mara
Margaret
Melanie
Melody
Nadine
Sally
Savannah
Zoey
And Tamara!
Aren't they all just beautiful?  Wonderfully made in God's image.  They are waiting for their Mama and Daddy.  Their brothers and sisters. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know that adoption is a big thing.  But I also know that it is a huge blessing.
You can be a part of caring for orphans in other ways besides adoption if you are not able to adopt at this time.  You can pray for them by name.  God hears our prayers.  You can make a tax deductible donation to their adoption grant fund to help out with their adoption costs.  This is a huge blessing for these kids whose chances of being adopted are greater if there is a grant to help with their adoption expenses.
You can go to Reece's Rainbow to read all about these children and to make a donation.
Thank you!

6 comments:

  1. I can't convince dh fast enough. Must have more kids. Given my maternal health, adoption is very much the way to go. Know who really call to me? Alice, Aisha and Victoria. Swoon!

    http://reecesrainbow.org/5655/olga-e-15 Olga needs a mama too. (Hey, Maybe you would be good for her.?) She just lost her forever family and I keep reading she is schedules to move as soon as she is old enough. Exactly 30 days from now.

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Thank you soo much for featuring Lilianna and Nadine on your blog! I love those two!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can u explain the adoption grants more please?
    What happens to the kid if they don't get adopted?
    Is the money used on the child or does it disappear into some adults pocket? Is it better to give to a kid on reece's rainbow with a zero balance, or who's been donated alot? Is it better to put a small amount on every kid on the adoption pages or a large amount to just one kid? If one kid gets say, twenty thousand in donations, does that mean they get adopted? I really want to help! But I don't want my money disappearing and not even helping these kids. So please explain the procedures a little more. I wish I could just walk take all these babies home and give them everything they need! :( it's heart breaking and sickening that there's sooo many children in the world like this and we r just happily blowing our money on crap everyday! Makes me hate myself for being a westerner!
    Thankyou for posting about these precious babies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My maiden name is Fischer, so the little guy popped out at me! Donated and now praying for his family to find him soon! Thanks for highlighting these precious little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christine,

    I have been a lurker for about a year now. I love seeing how your family has grown. I wanted to let you and all the readers know how much prayer can help. I have felt burdened for the kids on RR for a while, but my husband isn't yet on board with taking action on one of them. So I committed to praying for one or two at a time by name, every day. Within 3 weeks of the first brother pair I picked, they were chosen by a family! I was so encouraged. I picked another little girl and within weeks, again, she was chosen by a family! It is amazing to see what God can do when we just ask! Ask for healing for these babies, ask for their families to step up to the plate, ask for money to appear on their pages. He listens and he takes action. I'm currently praying for two more little boys and know that God will move for them!

    In Him,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I think many children without adoption assistance would not get adopted. But once the family gets the new adopted child to the U.S. It can be very expensive. But the babies are so cute. Pat

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.