Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lots To Be Thankful For

Today we had hot chocolate with marshmallows and whipped cream.  Yum!
It was a nice treat.
I am thankful for family.
I am thankful for awesome kids.
Today John came home early from work because he had to return at night to serve Thanksgiving dinner to employees.  The middle schoolers and up went to church except for Rachel who was going to go with John to help serve.  At the last minute she suggested that I go instead while she watch the younger kids so Dad and I could have a "date night."  It was sweet of her to offer, so I went with John.  It was nice to meet some of the people he works with. 
When we got home, the other kids were back too and they were busy drawing these turkeys.
Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. On a side note have either Alex or Dennis ever been nominated for a Make a Wish? Two of my children were and it was a wonderful experience. They paid for our WHOLE family to go to Walt Disney World in Florida for one whole week! They work closely with the child to hear what the child wants as a wish. It was a great experience! If you are interested you can go to the website makeawish.com and get more information. Love reading about your family!
    Jenny Goff aka lifewith17kidsblogspot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmmmm....Make a Wish is for children with life threatening conditions. I hope Dennis and Alex DON'T qualify!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving! (ours was in early October ... so forgive me for being late!) 'Love the turkey art :-) I will try and remember that for next year.
    MariaG (Canada)

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.