Tuesday, November 29, 2011

A Few Things

Good morning.  God is good all the time... amen? :)

A few things.

If you see any movies this year make sure you include The Grace Card, and The Ultimate Gift.  Both are awesome... powerful... meaningful... with great lessons too.  Don't miss out-- you'll be glad you didn't!

Last night I stayed up way too late ordering supplemental homeschool curriculum. Kids Discover is probably one of my favorite teaching tools.  The kids love it!  I use it for themed units.  I usually read the magazine first and come up with about 40 questions, a few videos to watch, and often times a writing assignment followed by a test.  It works great.  This week we are learning about the Ice Age and the kids are doing reports on the Ice Mammal of their choice.  As I browsed through the topics, I realized that their are teacher guides and vocab power to go with the magazine.  Wooo-hooo!  Another great homeschool find is Balance Benders.  The puzzles are challenging even for Adam!

The following week after we get back from Disneyland Alex is having major surgery to untether his spinal cord.  He will be in the hospital up to four days.  Dennis will also have a new prosthetic eye designed since he will not undergo any more surgeries on his eye for awhile.  It looks like we will be staying close to home this Christmas which is fine with me. :)

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you All the time God is good! Love to read that first off on your blog. What a great site Kids Discover is. I have book marked it to go back and look at when kids are asleep. Praying all goes well with your up coming health issues. I really enjoyed stopping by your blog.

    Lil Momma is that Crazy Homeschooling mom of 3 who is happy mow grass, vacuuming, and even do windows...just don't ask me to be my kids' creative writing tutor check out our family adventures at Five in Training for HIM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big surgery! If you need to talk, give me a call. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Balance Benders. Well, Daniel loves them. He's a mathy kind of kid.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.