Friday, October 14, 2011

It Feels Like Saturday

It's been a busy week. The kids who go to school have today off so the homeschoolers worked really hard to take the day off too. 
Rachel, Galina, and Julia like to goof around.  It gets "boy" rough, but they do it anyway.

I picked up lots of drawing books last week.  We are having family drawing sessions all the time.
I drew this completely freehand with the help of a step by step drawing book.  I am so proud of myself!  Now to water color it!


Today is Anastasia's birthday!  She is a teenager!
We have a fun day planned!  Thankfully, we don't have school!

Here are the kids' latest art projects.
Little tea lites fit inside.

Today feels like Saturday.  It is so nice knowing that it's only Friday. :)

11 comments:

  1. Wow! Amazing drawing you did!! I bought Mark Kistler's drawing program for our kids last year when they were homeschooling - we have the program for two years. I have two who have especially taken interest in his lessons, and it's amazing what they've learned. Our 8 year old just showed me a drawing he did in his class when the teacher gave them instructions to draw a couple tents and some trees or something. He gets shadows down so well- I've never learned that skill, really. So fun to see their talents emerge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Anastasia. She is such a beautiful girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! That is an awesome drawing!
    Have a great weekend and Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, anastasia is such a beautiful girl.happy birthday. i loved that drawing you did you are a great one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also, your drawing looks wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine, I found your blog just a couple of weeks ago and have stayed up many nights to "catch up" your family's adventures and journey! I am sure it must be right under my nose somewhere on this site, but I cannot find your e-mail address. I wanted to know if Dennis needed any clothes? I have some hand me downs if you are interested. I know you have boys, too, so maybe you are set.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your drawing is so pretty Christine, I can't even draw that well free hand.

    Happy Birthday Anastasia!

    And the pumpkin pots are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anastasia is a beautiful girl. it is amazing to read your journey with your large family. We have an incredibly frustrating and difficult journey with the foster care system trying to adopt. Oh my!!! Good job on the homeschooling, it is so worth it though. Bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Is your whole family artistic... cause your kids artwork is always great, and yours is, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a skilled drawer! Please post the picture again once it's coloured, will you?

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.