Thursday, October 6, 2011

Do You Have Plans This Summer?

Do you remember River of Joy?
It is where Julia and I went this summer.
It's in Crimea, Ukraine.

Though I haven't spoken much about it... amazing things are still going on there.
A humanitarian aid container is waiting to be released and then ROJ can distribute supplies to local hospitals and families.  And before the children's camps that will go on next July, a building mission trip will hopefully happen.  David the founder is here in the states and after we get together I will hopefully be able to share much more with you.

For now,
 let me share a little background.
Here is what the property looked like a few years ago when it was first purchased.  Talk about an eyesore.
Thankfully one man had a vision. One that would begin a journey to serve the Lord by reaching out to the people in this beautiful Southern part of Ukraine.

Over the years ROJ has been remodeled little by little, brick by brick, building by building.
Funds has trickled in making this a slow process.
All in God's timing though-- right?

With Ukrainian law and corruption making it nearly impossible and incredibly expensive to build a brand new building, David the founder has remodeled existing buildings at ROJ.

This building used to be a wood shed.
Now it is the guest cabin.
Amazing isn't it?
Inspiring too.
Now visitors have a place to stay when they come to ROJ.
Visitors come for fellowship, camp, weddings, church, and a chance to be a part of this ministry.
It is where Julia and I stayed.

After we left, Sasha stayed in the guest cabin.
He continued to help out on small projects around ROJ.
Sasha is a hard worker, but only one person can do so much work.
Especially if the plans for serving the orphans in Crimea
are this big!
We need your help! 
Are you interested?
Would you like to come and serve two weeks this June?
This summer you can be a part of building a place for the orphaned children to live down in Crimea, Ukraine.
What an amazing opportunity to be a part of this next phase of ROJ that includes building a family home where children in state care in the Belogorsk region can come and stay.  Currently, children that are removed from their parent's care have no place to go except to the local hospital. 
There they can stay anywhere from a few days up to six months until a more permanent place is found.
 It really is no place for a child.  It's nothing more than a hard bed in an overcrowded room.  There is little supervision let alone a warm and inviting hug, a hot meal, schooling, the love of a family, or the chance to hear the gospel.
These children get none of this.
But ROJ is ready to change that.
ROJ is ready to be the place where children come and stay
when they are first removed from their parent's care.
ROJ wants to provide that warm hug, that cozy bed, that hot meal, that loving family.

Matthew 19:14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”  

Jesus loves the little children.
I'm sure you do too.


Please prayerfully consider partnering with ROJ and being a part of this building mission trip in June 2012.
Let's raise the funds and the roof so that ROJ can begin taking in these children.

10 comments:

  1. Iam freaking out now. This is hard to explain but im going to try. My friend and I, we have been wanting to go to ukraine, to care for orphans and tell them about JESUS! we originally were going to go to boyarka baby, but they wouldn't understand (cuz its 0-4). Then we thought an older child internat. But we didn't know of one. Then I said, "Hey, maybe we could go to River of Joy, C. Reed just went, maybe she could help us get it organized." but we didn't really get past that, and my mom doesn't want me to go because im too young (im 15), and her example right now is Amanda Knox. Not the same, but she doesn't share my passion for serving Jesus and loving on orphans.
    So YES I am interested. This may shock you, but you just answered our prayers and I'm freaking out (in a good way)! We have been praying for God to show us where to go, and I believe he just did. Please email me or comment on my blog
    SavingSullivan.Blogspot.Com
    CodyZander1031@Gmail.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a heartfelt mission!
    What an opportunity!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic mission! This is the poorest of the poor regions in Ukraine. Thanks for bringing care to them in the name of Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Christine let me know what I can do. Have you contacted any Ukraine churches in America. Many of these churches have young professional who are college educated who might be able to help. Contact me I may be able to help. Many of the Ukraine churches this month are having their fall harvest festival and people come from all over to these festival try to the word out at the Harvest festivals. Contact the Ukraine minsters in America. Good luck, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do you get to the Crimea to help out ROJ? i looked around on their website--and they didn't say anything about going there to help or anything
    i've really enjoyed reading your blog and i'm so glad you won the Circle of Moms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christine, you are inspiring! What a wonderful challenge for all your readers. I would love to go. Any chance it can be for less than two weeks?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be interested in hearing more!
    themonroe6@verizon.net

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I mentioned this project to a few people at the harvest festival today.Some people seemed interested people would like more details.Please contact me if you want to. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow they really changed that place up. its looks so new.it looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Christine,
    I am not sure if you are still checking this thread about possibly serving in Crimea at ROJ this summer, I hope so. I read your blog nearly every day, I am not a mother, nor a wife, just a frequent reader. I enjoy reading about your family. Well I have been coming back to this post many times. Long story short, I would love some more information on the possible mission opportunity, I don't know if it is God's will for me to be there but I would information to pray over. Thank you in advance.
    In Christ,
    Lindsey
    Laxbear02@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.