Saturday, October 1, 2011

All About Rachel

Rachel is our oldest daughter.
This Christmas she will celebrate her 16th birthday.
She had been asking me for a haircut for weeks if not months-- so I surprised her and told her tonight.

She was so excited and ready for a change.
We decided to go short to make sure all of the summer dead ends were gone.
Afterwards, I blow dried and styled it for her too-- since she is usually always the one pampering me with foot massages.
Wow!  A completely new look-- and so mature too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rachel is fun and loving.
She is trustworthy, caring, and yet very strong.
She eats with a miniature threek.
Rachel loves Honey Bunches of  Oats, sweet milk on waffles, and sandwiches with lots of pickles, tomatoes, and red onions.
She really doesn't like to eat meat-- unless it's bacon.
Then she will eat a whole package fried up if I let her.
Rachel still loves to crunch ice much to my dismay.
She enjoys watching movies, roller skating, and emailing to friends and family.
I can always rely on her to make the little boys' lunches,
and to get the mail.  Probably to see if something came for her. :)
Rachel is responsible and dependable.
Rachel is one amazing young woman!

Tonight we watched The Ron Clark Story together.
Of course, we cried together too.
It is an awesome movie!

6 comments:

  1. Wow you are actually very good at cutting hair! If I could do that I would save on paying to get Oksana's done every few months.

    I have been voting as often as I get on the computer :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see Rachel I can't get over how stunningly beautiful she is! Love the hair!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is absolutely gorgeous ! Does she wear ant makeup ?
    She doesn't need it:)
    Do you Alliow the girls to wear makeup ? I had to wait until
    I was 16!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great looking hair cut. I love it, and she is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you guys are doing a good job at parenting. Rachel seem to be turning into a fine young lady, she seem so humble.

    I always wonder about adopting 5 middle school girl and raising them to be confident fine young lady, with good moral character. Wonder how hard is that going to be.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.