Monday, September 5, 2011

Around Our Yard

Morning Glories are growing like crazy!  I love it!  When I am outside I like to untwist their vines from the other plants and lay them down so they will grow in another direction.  Each day it seems as if they grow a foot.  Aren't they gorgeous?  I can thank Rachel who planted them a few months ago.
Can you believe it?  You know how much our family loves pomegranates and now we are growing our very own!  This year we will only have two because a certain little boy went and picked off all the flowers.  But still!  We are finally growing pomegranates!  
I think this is a weed but it looks way too pretty to pull.
Dennis loves playing outside!  To the left of Dennis you can see all of our plants growing.  I wish it were more green and lush, but it's a start.

3 comments:

  1. oh how I love morning glories! I just did an Art Journal page with them painted on it. I havent had a pomegranate in so long.(your story reminds me of visiting my grandparents as a teenager and bringing in beautiful flowers off the peach tree :/ I was so embarrassed.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! The flowers are beautiful. When I was younger morning glories were very common now in our area I do not see many. They are pretty easy to grow. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not a weed. It's verbena. It tends toward "volunteerism", but it's pretty and doesn't take much care. Enjoy it! It comes up all over our yard. Remember, it's only a weed if it's growing somewhere you don't want it to grow!

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.