Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Boy Post

I know-- the world says dolls are for girls.  But I don't really believe that and I see no point in trying to convince Dennis of it.
He is going to make the bestest daddy someday, we're all sure. 
What's really cute about the whole thing is that another adoptive Mom mailed us this doll because she thought it looked like Dennis.  Who knew three years later he would grow a make-believe relationship by being its Daddy?

Here's Dennis pushing "Buzz."

After school, the boys are famished.  Today's snack-- a huge bowl of homemade popcorn!

Tonight the middle boys were on kitchen duty.  So often I have wanted to throw my hands up and do it myself.  The job would get done faster and better I'm sure.  But that wouldn't teach them anything.  I take that back.  It would teach them that if they don't do things right, Mom will just do it.  It might even get them to thinking--- "Hmmm, if I pretend that I can't do something Mom might just get frustrated enough with me and do it herself."
And I am not going there.
Alex is having a great week!  I mean really great!
We had just finished up with his homework when he went outside to play before dinner.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yesterday Adam gave blood for the first time.  No prompting from me. I am so proud of him!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just don't know what it is about socks and our family.  I recently bought one hundred pairs of socks when the kids started school and 20 or 30 matches have gone AWOL.
Oh well-- I have bigger and more important things to care about.

6 comments:

  1. Voted!!! WOW, Dennis' eye looks SO GREAT!!!!!! And his hair is brown now??? Or is that just in the picture?? Gorgeous family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our boys had dolls too. I don't know if they still sell it, but they had a "My Buddy" doll. It was a boys doll in overalls. Our 3rd son took his doll around EVERYWHERE... and called him His Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been voting everyday!! Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you get second place and are still one of the very top bloggers, you should be proud and happy. That would be an honor!! Don't give up!
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is so sweet Dennis is such a caring little guy. I love that my 5 year old still takes his stuffed animals with him places and likes to walk them in the stroller and take care of them like they are a dear friend or baby sibling. He'll give them up someday, and I don't want to rush him into it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Dennis seems like he really likes dramatic play. He has a good time no matter what he does. What a great little boy. Pat

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.