Thursday, August 25, 2011

Seeds and Smoothies

The kids have been begging to make smoothies. So for our homeschool snack a few days ago, we made them with strawberries, orange juice, bananas, yogurt, and milk.
Yummy!
This is one of Dennis' first drawings in kindergarten.  Isn't it cute?  He has been hesitant to go to school a few times, but now that he carries a picture of our family in his backpack, he is becoming happier each day about going.  He always comes home excited to share about his day in kindergarten and the tears are less and less and so I am pretty sure he is just getting used to the new routine.
This is a great book full of math puzzles.  The kids work on it when they finish with school early.
I am so excited to have these seeds!  I just planted them.  Can you guess what plant they are?
Dolly got a much needed haircut.  Then the girls gave her a bath.  She looks so cute now!
My 7th, 8th, and 9th grade girls are learning about nutrition this year.  I love teaching it... especially when I see the girls applying what they have learned.  I am very proud of Annalyn who is keeping track of her increased water intake.
The kids enjoy playing on the bars that we put up.  All of them practice pull-ups now, but they mostly just climb the bars.

7 comments:

  1. They aren't pomegranite seeds are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm certain you already know this, but you have an amazing family. I wish you all the best of luck in the future with all of your awesome kids!

    Thise smoothies look great! I make smoothies exactly like that, but also with raspberries or mango for myself and Oksana (My 9 year old)

    I am always amazed at you and John's ability to deal with so many kids with different personalities. I can just manage the one, and sometimes that can be a struggle, so it's always inspirational for me to read this blog whenever I feel like I'm drowning. Sorry to be anon, I don't have a blog. God bless you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sveta looks less than enthused in that first picture - haha - kids....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have You seen the movie "From Russia with Love - Family Adopts Six"
    I cried on it.
    It is on youtube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy1Trobk5zw&feature=related

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Dolly is so cute!!

    Love your big huge kitchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I dried pumpkin seeds one year it was so neat because we ate them all winter long. Good luck, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those bars you put up look like fun but please put something soft under them in case anyone falls!

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.