Monday, July 4, 2011

An Unforgettable Family Outing and Another Owl Bag

Yea! Jen from Texas was the highest bidder on this pink owl bag! Thank you so much for your contribution. Please email me your address.

Onto the next bag that I finished late last night. Here is a bright turquoise and green owl bag! Just like with the other owl bag, the bidding starts at $30 and all money will go towards the love offering for River of Joy. Please spread the word. The bidding ends at noon PST on July 6th! I can't mail outside of the US- I'm sorry. Thank you ahead of time! The first camp at River of Joy ended a few days ago-- it went very well! New believers-- praise the Lord! That is what it is all about!


I read in a magazine that Orange County has a park with a giant orange hot air balloon that people can ride for free! Free--- is right up our alley-- throw in dinner and you have a great family outing! Or so I thought.

As we drove through the park, John and I thought it looked empty-- perhaps the park was closed Fourth of July weekend. Nope! But it certainly wasn't packed. We were early and it never crossed our mind that we wouldn't be able to ride the balloon. But we were wrong. Too bad we didn't know that registration starts an hour and a half before the first launch and that though the balloon holds 30 at a time-- that is only the case under perfect conditions. We stuck around to watch the first launch-- with 11 people aboard. I was bummed.

But... we did ride the free carousel. As it began to go round, Paul was immediately concerned because his horse didn't go up and down. His brothers horses went up and down-- how come his didn't? We decided to ride the carousel a few more times so Paul would get the full experience!

Now he is happy!

Alex had a blast! No tears like last year!

Dennis loved it too! I guess all I have is big boys now!
The girls had fun too!



Jonny and Andrew liked that there wasn't just horses to ride on but zebras and mermaids and lions too!

On the way home, we stopped at one In and Out burger place. It was mainly a drive thru and it was hard to feel welcome in the restaurant when maximum capacity was 14. As I stood in line I noticed that the soda machine was behind the counter and there was no ketchup dispenser-- "John let's go to a different In and Out." Yes we got back in the car. We found another one on the the way home but it had only a walk up window. A true In and Out I guess! Anyway, we finally went to the In and Out that was close to John's work and has a huge sit down area inside the restaurant. I had taken everyone's order before hand and was amazed at how well they accommodated our order. I asked for an extra cup to split Dennis and Alex's shake and they said they could split it for us. I asked for a plastic knife to cut their burger in half and they said they can do that too! Who knew! I was impressed. You want to know the coolest thing? We ran into people we knew! What a small world after all!

8 comments:

  1. Your latest owl bag is gorgeous. I have a little girl who would love a turquoise owl bag, so I will happily start the bidding at $30 (but am sure it will got for much more).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona, I left a comment on your blog. I am sorry, but I cannot mail outside of the US. I hope you understand. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Christine, Thanks for the comment, and of course I totally understand about not wanting to post outside of the US.

    I would still like to bid anyway. I have a friend in the US that you could post the bag to, and she would then post it on to me, plus I think it is a really worthwhile cause (not to mention a cute bag).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! It is nice to see how some people who work in the service fields can be so nice. It seems like your waiters remembered the Golden Rule Be kind to others as you want them to be kind to you.Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know you guys had a ton of fun! Thankfully you ended up in a good In and out hotel! When the staff is so helpful the food tastes even better!:)Isn't?;p
    Your Snacks Personality
    Which of these snacks do you prefer?
    Your Snacks Personality
    Which of these snacks do you prefer?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad everyone had fun! Don't you love restaurants where they are kid friendly? We have one here where they automatically bring us an extra cup and plate and split the stuff for the kids, too. Makes us keep going back!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Fiona! It looks like you are th eonly bidder so far-- so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christine, I will happily bid $35 on the bag even though I know how much Fiona wants it!
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.