Tuesday, June 28, 2011

We Can Do This!

We leave for Ukraine on July 13th! I can't believe it is right around the corner. We will have plenty of stops on the way over as that seemed to be the cheapest way to go-- but I am faithful that He will get us there safely. Our friend David over at River of Joy has bought our train tickets too-- another friend told me that ride may be 24 hours! Yikes... but an adventure it will be!

So many awesome things are happening at River of Joy right now-- the major thing being an orphan camp through The Least of These. The camp started off with a camping stove fire and a few stolen tents-- but now a few days into it and the kids are having a wonderful and memorable time. I am thrilled to share that Sasha (Rachel's Sasha) is going down to ROJ in a few days to meet up with David, the founder of ROJ. This is such an answer to prayer all in itself because John, Rachel, and I have thought about Sasha ever since we said goodbye to him in July of 2010 and the lack of a spiritual, encouraging adult friend to take him under his wing. I am not sure if Sasha will still be around by the time we get over to Crimea, but one can hope!

There are so many things that I am hoping to accomplish in this last fundraising attempt so I am raffling off a little of everything. I also had to start a new Chip In because I didn't know how to extend the date on the old one. In addition to offsetting the cost of our plane tickets, and covering shipping on all of these items, I am putting together a care package of sorts to uplift the spirits of the wonderful people who serve the Lord day in and day out at ROJ. It is not neccessary but I think it will be much appreciated. The girls are knitting and crocheting dishcloths so we bought some cotton yarn on clearance at Michaels. I would also like to take lots of mosquito repellent, sunscreen, spices, comfort foods, clothing, and whatever else comes to mind. Above all of this, the Lord is leading me to take up a love offering to go towards the first family children's home on ROJ. I know this is a lot to ask, but hopefully you will partner with our family to make this all possible. My goal is at least $700 for the love offering first and foremost-- if nothing else.

Will you please join me in accomplishing this goal? I know that together we can do great things to further His kingdom. As before, this fundraiser will be a raffle. For every $5 donated your name is entered once in a drawing to win one of the items listed below. I can only ship within the US-- sorry. The raffle will end July 6th so please don't wait to enter. If you want your name to be entered for a particular thing please make note of it. Blessings to all of you and please help spread the word!

#1 (Six handmade purse invitations-- cute for any girly birthday party!)



#2 (Handmade purple flower journal)



#3 (Sing Like A Bird handmade journal)


#4 (Two Fishies handmade journal)



#5 (Joy denim handmade journal)



#6 (Quilted Throw pillow donated by Sarah)


#7 (Red Bow Hand sewn make-up case, eyeglass case, or wallet-- you pick! Donated by Sarah)



#8 (Flower hand sewn case donated by Sarah)



#9 (Yellow case donated by Sarah)



All of the following books I have read once-- but they are in great condition. Rather than let them sit around and gather dust, I thought this would be a wonderful way to recycle them.

#10 (In an Age of Hunger by Ronald Sider)



#11 (Chicken Soup for the Christian Soul)


#12 (Red Letters by Tom Davis-- this book will get you!)



#13 (One Million Arrows by Julie Ferwerda-- good too!)



#14 (When Helping Hurts)



#15 (Making Poverty Personal by Ash Barker)


#16 (Choosing to See by MaryBeth Chapman-- You'll cry with her!)



#17 (One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp)


#18 (Radical Womanhood by Carolyn McCulley)


P.S. If you made a care package for one of the kids, go ahead and send it! I am beginnning to pack and would like to see how much space I will have, how much things weigh, and if I need to put together any additional packages. My goal is 40 and so far I have received 4!


Also, if you have any greeting cards that you are getting rid of that have beautiful designs on the front-- I'll take them. I use them to glue onto the writing journals. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.