Friday, June 17, 2011

We are home. Dennis is doing well. Besides having a sore throat because of intubation during general anesthesia, Dennis did incredibly well. Initially he woke up agitated as usual, but the doctor immediately gave him pain medicine and he fell back asleep and later woke up in a rather pleasant mood. He didn't even throw up once because the doctor gave him anti-nausea medicine before he woke up. His nurse was very nice too. All in all I would have to say that this surgery was the best experience yet-- for a surgery!



The doctor ended up taking the skin graft from behind Dennis' ear-- but now that both have been done, they will have to take his next skin graft from another area.




The doctor says that his eye looks great-- we shall find out next week!


For now, my poor baby is in alot of pain. Tylenol with codeine has already become his best friend for tonight.

12 comments:

  1. oh praise God!!! I can't wait to see how it looks!!! Precious boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear it went well. He looks so grown up in the picture above! Saying a prayer his recovery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a trooper that little guy is!

    GO DENNIS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad things went well today. Can't wait to see your sweet boy in a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following your blog for a few weeks now. You have such a wonderful family and seem so blessed. I absolutely love your little guy Dennis. I hope this surgery makes him feel better because in my book he is such a cutie pie!! You are so inspiring and I truly wish I had the funds to adopt. By the way, a small part of me wished for the social worker to catch the stomach flu....Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just finished reading through Dennis's journey. He is one brave little boy and you are definitely one brave and strong mama. I hope I would fight for my kids as passionately as you do.

    I hope he heals as well as he has in the past.

    Best wishes
    Jen in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to hear it went well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy that his surgery went well. Hope he is feeling better very soon.

    Monica
    www.xmaswarrior.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog today; I've read through a lot of it and figured out what's happening with Dennis. I'm glad his surgery went well. I'm now following your blog, and you and your family are in my prayers!
    God bless,
    Joy Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! i hope Dennis feels better tomorrow. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. THought of Dennis all day...so glad he's doing well. I'll be praying for him tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Dennis I think is doing so well in your home because he feels loved and secure in your home. You also have the time and the extensive medical insurance he needs to treat his medical needs. I have seen so many families use up all their savings and take out second home loans on their house just to get the child to America and then find out the child has more severe medical or mental health conditions than what the family can emotionaly or money wise can handle as a family .So the family has to make the hard decision to disrupt their adoption because the needs of the child they can not met. It is a sad situation. But God has blessed you so you can bless others I believe. Continue to have many blessings, Pat

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.