Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Two Things To Celebrate

Dennis kept rubbing his eye till it finally bled-- I bandaged it once more thinking that his new skin graft was dying. How disappointing to think we had done this last surgery for nothing. I prayed and left it in God's hands since we wouldn't be seeing the surgeon until tomorrow afternoon. This morning the receptionist called to confirm his appointment and I explained what had happened. Thankfully we got in early this afternoon for his follow-up visit. Praise the Lord for the good news! Though the stitch that was taped to his forehead to stretch his eyelid only did its job for 2 days instead of five (because Dennis pulled it and then I trimmed it) it looks as though the skin graft is taking! The surgeon showed me how to change the dressing for the next week and told me not to worry.

So I won't! I mean I will try not too.

Tomorrow is the first day that we have absolutely nothing planned. No doctor appointments, no grocery trips-- oh but wait! A certain man that I know is turning 42. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN! I LOVE YOU! THE KIDS ADORE YOU!

8 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday John!!! Have an amazing day!!!

    Great news about Dennis's eye. He sure is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday John!

    Glad everything is working out well with Dennis' skin grafts! YAY!

    God is awesome and so is your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to John!

    I can't wait to see Dennis' new look. No matter how he has changed, my favorite thing is seeing him smile and his eyes smiling right along with the rest of his face. I always find myself smiling too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to John. It is my daughter's birthday also and she is 45!

    Glad Dennis' eye is doing well.

    Marilyn from Canada :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sp g;ad to hear the skin graft took..
    and
    a very big happy birthday to your hubby
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday John! Glad Dennis's eye is doing well...he's such a sweet little boy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! John you are a great role model for your children. As you get older and your children get older I see them following in your Christian ways and devoting THeiR lives to God and their fellow man. I HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY WAS VERY bLESSED BECAUSE YOU BLESS SO MANY PEOPLE DAILY . pAT

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.