Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Home Sweet Home

We are back home. Arrived sometime before midnight. The trip was nice, but too short. We got to visit with three other families at a barbecue before beginning the long drive-- the kids had a blast! They swam and played so much, the van was actually full of peace and quiet because they were sleeping! Imagine that!

First thing this morning as I attacked the pile of laundry I found a Pull-up that had made it into the washing machine. What a gelatinous mess! Good thing Adam was in the laundry room or I would have probably said some not very nice things-- instead I just thought them. Ugh! Why couldn't I have just checked the inside of Dennis' pajama bottoms? Or better yet, why couldn't he have separated the diaper from the shorts?

Dennis had a occupational therapist evaluate him at noon today since his previous report was lost. It sounds like he will qualify because of his fine motor skills-- or lack of them. I have seen the progress with my other kids who got OT so I am excited for Dennis!

Thank you to all of you who have been a part of making our mission trip to Ukraine possible! Don't think for a minute that all of you aren't going with me in spirit! Thank you to you know who for covering shipping costs of the raffle items-- thank you to those who have sent care packages for the kids-- thank you to those who have donated items for another raffle coming up. A very encouraging friend who I had dinner with last week donated six brand new canvas bags so I can get started on the owl designs.

In just two weeks we are leaving. I am putting together a care package for the adults-- mosquito repellent, spices, a first aid kit, washcloths, and whatever else comes to mind. If you have any suggestions that would be great!

Please check back this evening-- a new raffle will be starting.

P.S. Thank you, thank you, thank you to Sara Wendt who bought the cupcakes. You made Rachel's day more than you know. :)

3 comments:

  1. Ugh! Washed pull-ups are the WORST! Had it happen twice and it wasn't pretty. Since my boys were older (5 & 6) I told them the next time they lazily threw the pull-up down the laundry chute instead of separating it from their pajama bottoms, they'd have to clean the mess. One child was a repeat offender. One time cleaning it was all it took. Of course soon after the nighttime accidents stopped, so we're done with that for good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When do you leave for the Ukraine?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Put in little bottles of nice smelling hand sanatizer or antibacterial lotion for the grown ups!

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.