Friday, June 10, 2011

Another Year Young


Okay-- so I am another year older. Someone guessed 29-- I'll go with that.

No. Wait.
I am going to age gracefully.
36 is the magic number.
Yes, I am 36 years young now.
It was a nice birthday.
Besides the clean house, hot cup of coffee, and back massage,
I'll have to say that my favorite part was opening gifts.
I had a stack of cards-- the best ones were homemade of course.
I opened up Andrew's card and found a Starbucks card.
I immediately began to laugh my head off-- tears of overwhelming love for my son.
This card looked awfully familiar.
I think it was the card I gave Dennis to play with a few weeks back because it no longer had any money on it.
"Where did you get that Andrew?" a sib asked. "How much money does it have on it?"
"I found it on the carpet by the couch. I'm sure it has about $15 on it."
Andrew was totally sincere.
John and I plan to go out and use that gift card soon.
After all, it is the thought that counts.

Next, I opened up William's card which had a bunch of coupon squares drawn on the back. Only four of the spaces were written in-- the rest were blank. Initially I thought this was hilarious too. At first thought it appeared as if I was worth sixteen coupons, but I guess that William thought four was enough. As I tried to contain my giggling, Adam pointed out that the last coupon said that I am to fill out the rest how ever I want to.

Ohhhhhhh.
What a great idea! Love it.

I got lots of sweet cards, mint chocolate from Rachel-- and something new-- meaning without Dad's help. With Adam driving now, he and Caleb went to the store and got me some dish towels one day after school. Very thoughtful.

I guess the funniest part of my birthday was when Dennis read me his birthday card to me.
"What does your card say Dennis?" I asked.
He used his pointy finger to read each line.

"Happy birthday. I love my daddy."

P.S. Today is the last day to enter the raffle. Thank you again for all of your contributions. You guys rock!

14 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Christine!!!! Glad you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 36th Birthday Mom
    I hope you had a great Birthday!!!!!
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to an amazing mother of an amazing family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Christine. Sounds like you've had a wonderful day so far. Hope the rest is simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't fathom being that young. My heavens. I could never have started a family so young; I was way too immature!

    :) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday Christine!
    You are such a wonderful person!

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Happy birthday. I love my daddy."

    That is too, too cute. You'll have to remind him of that one when he's older. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was great. Dennis cracks me up, way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday! Hahaha! Love the card from Dennis! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! happy Birthday you are truly a woman who will have many blessings over this year. Pat

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.