Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Perfect Day

"Hi Everyone! Happy Mother's Day! In celebration of this special day and Adam's belated birthday we headed over to the beach to rent surreys and enjoy some fun in the sand."

While I took care of the rental agreement for the three surreys, John and the kids played volleyball.


William and Andrew were excited to do a little exploring.


Time to put on our helmets and head out!


We got a quick lesson on driving before taking off on our journey.


Going up hills was a bit challenging so the guys got out and pushed! It was pretty hilarious-- but I know we will remember this adventure always-- and laugh about the crazy driving.



We were all pretty tired and were ready to turn in the surreys early. The woman we rented it from let us ride other bikes for our remaining time free of charge--- which was a huge treat!




It was so nice having Grandpa and Grandma with us.





After bike riding, we ate lunch.








The kids ate fast so that they could go and play!


Galina hit the volleyball! Way to go!


Grandma and Paul out for a walk.


Grandpa, John, Andrew, and Jonny walking along the shore skipping rocks.










Jonny collected these pine cones for the little boys. They loved them!




By two o'clock we were all ready to head home. It was a wonderful family day spent together!

16 comments:

  1. This post made me smile from ear to ear.
    Looks like a tonne of fun.
    What a wonderful way to spend Mother's day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like a great Mother's Day family getaway! Sure beats cleaning up vomit all day like I did. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Were you down in Dana Point? Wish I knew - we live real close to there! Happy Mother's Day!

    Donna in Mission Viejo
    Donnadman@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, did you go to Santa Barbara? Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Mother's Day! Didn't realize you are so close to the beach! Hope to see you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beach did you go to...would love to visit one that rents out such neat bikes (I live in So. CA too)?

    I saw an article about your family in the newspaper this morning...it was such a weird experience recognizing a blogger I read on print!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well....sometimes I DO wish I lived near the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing! What a fun post - y'all will look bak on this one for years :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. that looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you're having a blast. My boys would love those bike/car thingies you were riding. I'm curious, too, as to which beach you were at. Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time! Happy belated mothers day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So Fun! I'm jealous at the warm weather (we live in Northern Ca and the weather has been so gloomy). What a great idea to tire the kids out!-Jessa

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi! In Erie at Presque Isle there is a bike rental co. The co. also rent bikes that can go over the sand on the beach.Which is so cool.Continue to have fun, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much fun! You know what I really love? The grandparents hanging out with all the kids . . . like the shot of Paul and his grandmother. That is so special, not only did they get you guys, they got an extended family that loves them! Not every family is so accepting and I'm so glad yours is.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi! :) Happy mom's day (late - I know, but still) :)
    it looks like you had great day! awesome photos :)


    and thanks for commenting on my post (I've posted my recipe for the couscous there :D )

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.