Friday, April 8, 2011

More Than A Blur

As I sat and watched my children do their watercolors in art class yesterday, I couldn't believe my eyes. The transformation from a blur of colors to a unique and beautiful display of art made me once again see the miracle of adoption and raising children. At first my kids could not see how their painting would amount to much, but as they continued to pour their love and effort into it, it gradually became what you see now-- the labor of their hard work, faithfulness to see it to the end, and though they all had set out to do the same task-- each turned out unlike the other.

They are all so beautiful in their own way-- I love them all!


If you didn't notice, Andrew's is missing. That little stinker took it to his teacher this morning.


The immense satisfaction of creating something so beautiful made my children so proud of themselves. If only all children had an outlet for their inner creativity. If I ever did a summer camp for children in orphanages, I would definitely encourage this activity.

~~~

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I am heading out in a few hours-- running around doing last minute food preparations and home school.

13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous paintings! You have some seriously talented kids and you should look into framing those paintings because they are simply wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the paintings! I'm sure you have posted about this in the past, and I am sorry I don't remember ... is this a class in the community, or is it something they are doing at home, thru the homeschooling? I'd love to do something like this with our kids! We currently use Mark Kistler's drawing classes, and it is sooo fun to see which kids totally enjoy and 'get' the lessons and make their own pictures even when not doing it with the online lesson - and which kids just don't have much interest (but when doing it with the lesson, it turns out great!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I love the water color paintings. I took my children today to an art show it was very cool.Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures.... yes I could totally see the kids at Summer Camp painting florals with water colors...they would be so proud of their accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The water colors came out beautiful, each a little different, yet the colors tieing them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should mat these and frame them and hang them together in a prominent place in your beautiful new home. They are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should mat these, frame them and hang them together in a prominent place in your beautiful new home. They are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are brilliant. Now to raise the funds for framing.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll say it again, your children are so talented! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Christine - these are beautiful! Are you displaying them on your wall like that - I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.