Friday, March 25, 2011

It's Friday

When it came time for the kids to paint their pinch pots, they were nervous to get started. They wanted perfection.... the perfect color, the coolest design.... something they could be proud of.
Frid
Once they chose their first paint color, they quickly chose another, and then another. Once they began painting, they had so much fun. They left that evening with much anticipation.

Yesterday we got to see our finished pieces. Each child was so excited, and yet they kept saying how "professional" my piece looked. For me, it was the other way around. I loved how whimsical, and colorful, and full of life each of their pieces seemed to scream and wished that I would have been more bold when painting mine. My hope is that their lives will be just as bold for Christ!

In art class they learned about vanishing points and had fun designing their own room.
Tonight Caleb and John attended a basketball banquet. They had to bring a main dish so I made Cotlyeti and rice pilaf.

The kids liked the smaller patties that they could pick up and dip like chicken nuggets. I liked them because they cooked quicker.

11 comments:

  1. The pots are gorgeous! Keepers all!

    I've never heard of Cotlyeti- but it looks good, so I'll have to find the recipe! Yum! Thnx for the inspiration!

    I never understood vanishing points so these kids are far advanced over anything I could do- I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The posts are gorgeous. I love how kids are so intimidated at first when it comes to art and then once they step out they just blossom. Art is definitely a gift we've been given and I love to see it flourish in everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pots turned out beautiful! What artists you have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christine, What is/are Cotiyeti? I looked on Google but didn't find anything.
    Thanks.
    JEB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi JEB,

    I am not sure if I spell it correctly but cotlyeti are beef or chicken culets. You can find my recipe here http://smilesandtrials.blogspot.com/2008/10/digest-5.html They are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pinch pots are beautiful! All of you did an excellent job! I love the vibrance of the colors chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link to the recipe, Christine. It looks great! And best of all for me, it's GLUTEN FREE!!
    Hugs,
    JEB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your children must be very creative, their pottery and their drawings are so well done! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pots are beautiful! I loved all the different vibrant colors and designs! Great drawings as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi!I love the pots.Your art projects are very creative. Keep up the good work,Pat

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the pots!!! Where will you display them? I bet they would look nice arranged on a shelf!

    : )

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.