Sunday, February 27, 2011

Art, Swimming, and Sleeping

Last week the kids that went to school had the week off. The challenging part was keeping my home schoolers interested in doing school since they did not have the week off. Most days I had the older kids get together to solve math puzzles. They weren't thrilled but deep down I know they all enjoyed it very much. Especially Adam.

After running one day in the bright sun, the kids begged me to take them swimming. Notice how I said bright-- not hot. The water was freezing cold, but the kids swam anyway. I took pictures.


Well not all the kids. Annalyn and Rachel were not too happy that I made them come along. Why couldn't they stay home with Adam and Caleb? Well--- Adam and Caleb are not part of home school and they are. Plain and simple.
In my attempt to slow down and enjoy the small things, I let the kids play in the park for a bit.
Dennis' imagination has taken off! Here he is sitting in his car. The box next to him is Alex's fast fire truck.

Annalyn, Anna, and Galina enjoying a game.

If you don't know by now, or whole family loves dessert. This time we had chocolate haystacks with marshmallows and peanuts. They were gobbled up like they were going out of style.

The artists are at it again! This time they painted a dock on the lake.

I think the kids' art decorate our home beautifully!

Isn't this the cutest? Alex is fast asleep.

Who knew going potty could make a little boy so tired?

7 comments:

  1. Awww. So adorable. Bless his sweet heart. Some of my favorite pics are those of my kids in weird sleeping positions or locations. I have one of Whitney asleep standing up with her upper body laying on the seat of our recliner. And one of Brantley asleep with his head in his lunch plate. Making memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE their artwork. I too homeschool and am wondering if you use a curriculum for art, are artsy yourself, or the kids are just that good? I have a daughter who's artistic and I know would excel but I have no clue to begin with her....those pictures are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that they're swimming and there is snow on the mountains in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwwwww, Alex is the cutest little thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh he is so cute!
    Loved this little glimpse into your day-to-day life! I can imagine how cold the pool must be - I take it you don't have one at your new house there! I can imagine how much the kids must miss that. Are you planning on getting one?
    Those haystacks look & sound delicious!
    Hope you have a wonderful day
    Renata:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the artwork and the way you arranged it on your wall!!!!

    And the pic of Alex is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.