Saturday, January 1, 2011

And the New Year Has Began!

This is me with my dear friend Claudette. It has been wonderful having her and her whole family here for the week!

Here are the four of us out to dinner for John and my 17th wedding anniversary. The food and fellowship was out of this world! My husband is pretty spectacular too.

We stayed home and partied for New Year's Eve.
We had finger food galore! Claudette and I also made a huge cauldron of borscht.

I thought it was sweet watching Andrew tear up little pieces of bread for the baby.
Nothing like hot berries over vanilla ice-cream for dessert. It is the best!

To bring in the New Year we bought little champagne glasses to pour sparkling cider and grape juice in.

Of course the kids loved it!
Anastasia wanted to make sure it wasn't real wine.

I was in a goofy mood. Blowing the party favors into their mouths was loads of fun.


Rachel and Nicole must have seen this in a movie.

Gotta love Anna's bright colored nails. You should see her toes!

Brian got this picture of me dancing around the kitchen island. I was sure other kids would follow, but they didn't.

Doesn't Paul look thrilled? Well he was!

Happy New Year everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Your house always look like a party goin on! :)
    You never get lonely do you? :)
    You inspire me girl. When I feel like my house is falling apart with 4 children, I laugh at myself and think of you :)
    One of these days I'll have to email you and tell you some things the Lord has put in my heart that I know you will be interested in.
    Love,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks liek a good time was had by all. Happy New Year from our end of cyberspace to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year!! Sounds like you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the best to you and your family in 2011! Looks like you had a fantastic time on New Years and out for your Anniversary!
    Congrats Again!!!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary, and New Year too!! Lots of love - from all of us to all of you :) We miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happu New Year and greetings out Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...I admire your energy level, Christine! I'm exhausted running after just one little girl!

    Best wishes to you and the family in 2011...not sure how you can top 2010!

    Blessings,
    ~Laura :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year to an amazing family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! My family welcomed the New Year in at church.The Ukrainian cakes, cookies, and pies were great.The winter in the Urkraine has been very cold and the price of fuel is quite high many families are burning wood because the price of fossil fuel is to expensive.Happy New Year !Pat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that shot of you dancing!! Priceless! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.