Friday, December 17, 2010

Pleasant Surprise

I was quite busy and preoccupied with packing for our trip all morning when I finally shut the garage door around 2:30 in the afternoon. Eight kids in my van, John had six in the Expedition. I backed down the driveway still processing everything in my head. From Alex's medicines, to our white elephant gift for small group on Sunday I was pretty certain that I remembered everything.

Well almost. A nice cold diet pepsi would have sure been nice at that moment. I contemplated opening back up the garage when I looked down at my cup holder and saw a diet pepsi in its place. What a pleasant surprise. My sweet Rachel had placed one there for me.

I smiled and thanked her and got teary-eyed by how well my daughter knows me.

I couldn't help but thank God for using my daughter to show me that even the small details do not go unnoticed.

Through tons of traffic and rain we made it here safe and sound. We enjoyed a nice dinner, heard Andrew play Christmas songs, and went out and visited with some friends. How nice it is to be back here even if just for the weekend.

10 comments:

  1. What a thoughtful young woman! Not only that she knows you so well, but also that she is so thoughtful to think about what she can do for you and to surprise you with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is so sweet! Rachel is a jewel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's the little things that count!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet. I hope you have a great time on your trip. Drive safe in all this rain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ! Awesome! Such a kind gesture. She would have to see this type of behavior modeled. Good job on your girl Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Thanks for sharing about your holiday.At the Ukraine church the chorus has been practicing for weeks for the Christmas day church service. I heard a few of the songs and got tears in my eyes - the harmony is beautiful. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christine, the Rachel momnent is very telling and certainly shows you are bringing up a lovely young woman.

    Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet and precious is Rachael! Thank God for the glimpes He gives us of what He is doing in our children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. when life is crazy and getting out the door I love a nice cold diet coke, so I get that sweet touch from your daughter and it touched me too. I hope my kids remember something like that one day.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.