Thursday, December 16, 2010

Feeling Satan's Attack

Personally, I am not having a very good day. I must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Maybe Satan is working over time this morning after last night. I don't know. I am short with everyone... frustrated... lacking patience. I've yelled way too much. I sent one home schooler to their room--- maybe for the day. Is eye contact too much to ask? I explained the assignments for today and I excused myself for some alone time. I immediately thought of this song and began listening to it in the background as I address Christmas cards. I already feel better... calmer... like I have so much to be joyful for. I refuse to continue on with my day like I started out the morning. God reside in me today.... always.

May God calm your spirit, fill you with gentleness, and give you a reason to be joyful.

6 comments:

  1. Speaking as a college student just coming out of the teenage years and an education major who just learned some really cool stuff about nonverbal communication. Eye contact is often too much to ask. My friend just wrote a really cool paper about nonverbal communication, and she found that one of the ways people communicate that another person has invaded their personal space or gotten too close emotionally is to withdraw eye contact or create physical distance between themselves and the other person. Especially in situations where one person has a dominant role (parent, teacher, etc.) the other needs a lot of space to retain self-efficacy. The book she read suggested that teachers who notice students withdrawing in that way should recognize that they are uncomfortable and just take a step back and give them some space. I'm certainly not pronouncing on your situation, because I have no idea what you are talking about, but I thought I would share that tidbit.

    Hope that your day improves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had several mornings like that lately. Somehow though, like you, I am able to come out of it. I'm so grateful to know that my Father in Heaven is always near and sends us the support we need. Hang in there. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also under attack. Finding out I do not always feel nice and loving, wanting my space, and generally cantankerous.

    No, homeschooling isn't fun every day. And yes, it is okay for Mom to ask that child to look her in the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate ever so much!

    It is great that you recognize it for what it is.

    The enemy will use whatever means possible to steal your joy as a mama.

    And no, asking your child to have eye contact is not too much to ask--we "demand" it from our two year olds!

    Blessings,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can relate ever so much!

    It is great that you recognize it for what it is.

    The enemy will use whatever means possible to steal your joy as a mama.

    And no, asking your child to have eye contact is not too much to ask--we "demand" it from our two year olds!

    Blessings,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.