Monday, December 13, 2010

Almost Midnight

Christmas letters are ready to be addressed and mailed out-- have been for days. John planned that we would address them together tonight (romance at its best), but it didn't happen. I went shopping with Adam instead while John finished up BSF with the kids. Speaking of shopping, I have done very little this year and just thought of something the kids could use and went with it because for the most part I just can't seem to get motivated. Does it sound crazy scrooge-ish to feel that way? For me, well I can think of so many other things to do with the money that would otherwise be spent on a lavish Christmas. And then I remember that it is Christmas and a time of giving -- and what's Christmas without giving a little? And so John and I will try and find balance with our children, with our friends and family, and with each other as we celebrate this time of joy because our precious Savior was born.


Did I mention that I forgot to even check them out (shhhhh, it was socks) while I was out?
*********************
I got this bright when I was out walking with the kids. City maintenance was out trimming trees and I grabbed a few of the pine branches so that I could come home and assemble a Charlie Brown Christmas tree. I had it all planned out. We would watch A Charlie Brown Christmas, which we did, and then we would decorate our Charlies Brown Christmas tree as we learned the moral-- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder--- value can be found in the least of these-- just look at Jesus. But my Charlie Brown tree got knocked over twice spilling out all its water and in my frustration-- I threw it out. Yup, not one of my finer moments.
*********************
Tomorrow should be exciting. Not only will I get my van out of the shop after a week but Rachel, Anna, and Jonny are going to start horseback riding lessons as part of our homeschooling. The girls are so excited that they finished most of tomorrow's schoowork tonight!


I wish I could share more, but John says he is ready for bed and he doesn't want to go alone. Aww, another glimpse into our ever so romantic lives. Can you believe that in a few weeks we will be celebrating our 17th?


Goodnight all. Sleep tight.

5 comments:

  1. Aww..John sounds like my husband too..have to go to bed with him..: )

    Your adevnture with Charlie Brown Christmas tree reminds me of when my Mom thought it would be fun to do paper maiche with my 3 yr old...NOT.

    HUgs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, we almost have the same wedding date! We just celebrated (actually haven't celebrated yet)our 17th on the 11th. Not too many people wacky enough to get married in the already too busy December. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree things sounds like something I'd do. Good idea, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can definitely relate to the tree thing - hmmm... not sure if I should admit it though!
    Hope you do get your christmas shopping done - I love practical gifts so socks sound like a good present to me!
    Hope your children have fun horseback riding - sounds great!
    Have a lovely day
    Renata:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi The horse back riding is so cool. In Erie in the special ed classes some students get to go horse back riding weekly during the school year as well as snow sking. The horse back riding is at a special horse stable which is geared for special needs children. The children also learn about horse care, I
    loved the horse program.My children learned a lot about kindness, caring, attachment and responsibility while in the program.Good luck, Pat

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.