Saturday, February 13, 2010

What A Weekend!

I'm back! And my weekend was perfect in every way imaginable. I just love all the ladies I was with--- so much that we are ready to make this an annual deal! When I heard that two ladies that I didn't know were coming, I was a bit nervous at first because I am shy like that-- but they are so awesome and friendly and funny that my worries were so silly. We had much fun and laughed so much that I think we burned 5,000 extra calories each which we replaced with delicious meals!

The beach was beautiful, and the long walks near the shore blessed our souls as we shared our life stories together.

The whole weekend was so amazing... no food to cut up but our own, no hands to wash after dinner, no diapers to change, no kids to check in on, no late night surprises, and freedom to just r-e-l-a-x. All for under a hundred bucks each. So worth it.

Our first dinner was a colorful chicken salad with warm, hearty bread. We nearly polished off the whole bowl! Afterwards we played Beyond Balderdash and laughed till our sides hurt.

The next day we shopped the local thrift store and found some amazing deals. My favorite thing is a big coffee table book I bought about the Soviet Union in the 80s. The best part--- it was only seven bucks!

I made the mistake of sharing the fun time Denise and I had on our last women's retreat some four years ago. Some of the girls took the concept a few steps too far so we all ended up dressing up really goofy and going out to dinner.

I was thinking of wearing this little number but decided on....
this.

Don't we look beautimus?

Nothing like bringing your own eating utensils to the restaurant.


We had so much fun at dinner!

When I got home, I was blessed by all that my family had done while I was away. They were very excited to introduce me to our new kitten Rachel brought home on Friday. Her name is Bella and she is such a cutie. Rosie our cat only hissed at her so she is with our dogs Misty and Dolly who are now two proud Mamas!

10 comments:

  1. I have been dying for you to get back to post about your retreat. Looks like you guys know how to have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had such a fantastic time with the girls at the beach. That sure was a deal for under $100 for the weekend.

    I wonder what people's reactions were to all of you when you went out to eat all decked out.

    How did John survive?

    No on to getting ready to fly off in less than 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! You should definitely get away more often than once a year. And I think the blond is stunning. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looked like a great time! I love the idea of dressing up for dinner! :o) Laughing is good for you. I sure it was a well deserved weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great time! Love your costume!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh m,y oh my, you ladies look like you had a blast! Love it. I miss fun girl friend outings.

    Love from the North,
    Summer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing - and I mean nothing - is more fun that going away with a bunch of women, fun as in laughing and being crazy. Men have no idea. Isn't Balderdash the funniest game? You had a blast from the photos - love the dressing up to go for dinner. Who but a bunch of crazy women would do that? Good for you, and now you will be packing again. How exciting!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So, just wondering, what orphanages were Dennis and Alex at, you know like the numbers on RR? And who else did you adopt?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun time! Glad you had a nice weekend with your friends - sounds like a great idea!
    Have a lovely week
    Renata:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHA that wig is fantastic

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.