Thursday, November 12, 2009

What Are You Thankful For Today?

God is good-- and he has a sense of humor too.

I can name a thousand reasons why----- but I will keep it short.

This post is mainly to remind myself to be thankful in all things.

John lost his glasses sometime ago.

I was mad.

So I found him wearing Julia's just so that he could read.

It made me madder that he was stretching hers out.

This made me go on a quest to find his glasses once and for all.

In a matter of minutes-- praying as I searched-- I found them.

Next to the overdue book that he owed $24.95 for.

Thank you God.

7 comments:

  1. I am thankful for my washing machine as it works over time doing the normal laundry for our family of 8... PLUS the laundry our potty training three year old is producing....

    So very thankful I do not have to wash the laundry by hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the ice maker spits out cubed instead of crushed...I don't get mad, I get thankful...for clean water, for electricity for having a nice refrigerator that gives clean water and ice whenever I want it. My husband got a little huffy on Tuesday that people don't use their turn signals so I related to him my gratefulness after getting ticked off over something so minor as the wrong type of ice. I reminded him that I am grateful that we have working vehicles and the money to put gas in them.
    Most of all, even though it's really, really hard for me to not be right in the thick of things, I'm grateful that my son is safe, that we're safe, that my daughter just came up to me and said,"Mom, I'm in my happy place now." After all the fallout from his behaviors, that is monumental.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See - God knew you'd be the perfect mate to help John find his glasses! That is so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...I resent er resemble that remark.
    --JR

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thankful for the month that God has allowed me to have my babies. I pray that I will have many more months and years to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bwah ha ha!
    In our fam, it would be the reverse. I never get mad at James for doing silly things--always just glad it wasn't me, because it almost always is. There's one scatterbrain in every family.

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.