Wednesday, August 13, 2008
The day I Flipped out!
Okay, okay, don't get too excited. This incident happened eight years ago, but when I found this particular x-ray it brought back many memories that thankfully I can chuckle about today. Yes, I am still unpacking boxes and I found this x-ray taken of Adam when he was only five years old. It was naptime and my kids were supposed to be napping. About 10 minutes unto their naptime, Adam comes out to me and quietly tells me that he accidentally swallowed Julia's hair clip. When he showed me the other one he was still holding, I literally flipped out. I was young (probably only 24), inexperienced compared to today, and hadn't learned to not panic when things like this happen. I of course rushed him to the hospital fearing that this foreign object could lacerate his esophagus or intestine.
Well turns out they wanted to just wait to see if he passed it since it was traveling along without incidence. They asked me to look through his bowel movements for the next couple of days and to only bring him back if I didn't find it in a week, there was evidence of blood, or he felt pain. Thankfully, I found it about three days later--- can you say yuck?