Tuesday, November 27, 2007

If only I were a child again.....

the highlight of a trip to Wal-Mart would be getting to see the fish for sale on display instead of the great deal I got on toilet paper.

my biggest Christmas stress would be whether or not I remembered to write down everything I wanted on my wish list instead of making sure that both Jesus and Santa get at the very least, equal mention. In a world that has watered down the true meaning of Christmas down to a pile of presents, it is especially important to me, to share and teach about the birth of our Savior.

I would only look forward to Baboonys'a chocolate pie at Thanksgiving and Christmas instead of how much of everything I can pile onto one plate. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, creamed corn, sauted green beans, marshmallowed yams, gravy, hot rolls for wiping up the gravy, pumpkin pie, flavored coffee, cookies, See's candy, and peach pie....oh how much my pants would thank me if I only wanted pie.

I wouldn't notice that this was the 86th time that I was watching Toy Story.

I would sleep walk to my parent's bed at 9:30 at night to get cozy with them and be completely oblivious to the hanky panky that's going on.

my idea of fun would be getting to take a bubble bath with two of my brothers and seeing who could squirt the most water on the ceiling instead of relaxing in a bubble bath all by myself. How boring is that?

I wouldn't notice that I stepped in doggy poop when I was playing in the backyard instead of constantly asking to look at and smell everyone's shoes.

7 comments:

  1. Wow how many people does your table seat. It is huge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually two tables. ;)

    Right now it seats 14 comfortably, but with the leaves in, it can seat 22.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell I'm pregnant, LOL because the only paragraph I can concentrate on here is the food one!! LOL :) Sounds yummy!! Is Thanksgiving dinner over already?

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! How I wish I were still a "picky eater"! I refuse to criticize my kids for this - it isn't all that bad a trait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say the 'just pie' idea has merit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment. I just read your blog and all that I can say is, "Wow!! 10 Kids and going on 11? You are my heroes! I will definitely continue to follow your journey as well.

    Take Care and God Bless,
    Kathy Gebhardt

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol. did you know that chocolate was banned in switzerland for many years. read this

    ReplyDelete

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.