Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Mother-Daughter Retreat

I am so glad that I took my daughters on this retreat. It had a fun western theme. I enjoyed watching my girls have fun as they experienced their first sleepaway camp. Though we stayed in the least expensive cabin, my girls thought it was the best. Sveta even commented on how nice it was. Bless her heart.

Jana Alayra did worship. She was really awesome. You should check out her website at http://www.janaalayra.com/. My girls loved her! They even got to get up on stage to help her with the hand motions to one of her songs. Anna was especially excited when I called her a Christian rockstar. When we first got home all she could talk about with her brothers was how she met a Christian rockstar.

During gametime on Saturday, Annalyn won a can of Pork & Beans and a box of Crunch and Munch while Julia opted to rope a steer. As we ate lunch, we saw a snake swimming in the creek, a big fat frog laying on a rock, and fish as long as my forearm. It was nature at its best.
Though the picture above shows five girls enjoying a paddle boat ride in the pond, it didn't start out that way.

Originally, six of us piled into one of the paddle boats (including myself). As I tried to steer it, I realized that it only wanted to go in circles as we drifted out into the middle of the pond. Frustrated, I tried to steer the boat by manually guiding the rudder only to end up with a freezing cold hand. The girls were quite tired from pedaling, so I finally grabbed onto another boat who pulled us back in. Later, as we explained that the boat must be broken, one of the camp workers took it for a test drive. It worked perfectly, as he informed us that it must have been weighed down with too many people. Thanks alot, I thought. Are you calling me fat?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I find your comments so inspiring! Thanks for visiting our family blog, and sharing your thoughts.